Monday, January 25, 2010

Proud to be an Indian: Trisha | Tollywood Stars Speaking About The Republic Day


Trisha

I am proud to be an Indian. R-Day has its own historical relevance. India is one country that has diverse communities living in harmony and fraternity. This is something that the very tenet of our constitution offers.

Hansika Motwani

I’m a proud Indian today. More than 60 years ago, the constitution was formed by the government where liberty, peace and justice were among the basic rights given to each and every Indian. The constitution empowers us with fundamental rights and as responsible citizens we need to use them judiciously. Ours is the greatest democracy in the world and I am proud to be part of it. Happy Republic Day to everyone!

Mamta Mohandass

I strongly feel that our country could emerge as a super power if our rights are rightly exercised by everyone – the masses and even our political leaders. I am proud to say that despite living abroad most of my childhood years, I never missed attending R-Day celebrations at the Indian embassy in Bahrain. And I continue watching the R-Day parade every time I can.

Ram

Since my grandad was in the army, he inculcated patriotism in me right from childhood. So I used to attend Republic Day celebrations in school with a lot of excitement. When I am shooting,I ensure that my colleagues and crew members wear tricolour miniatures on our sleeves as a token of respect.

Navdeep

Writing a constitution for a country so diverse, yet united, must have been a daunting task. Undoubtedly, our law makers deserve all the kudos. And today we should salute all those who’ve made it possible for India to be a sovereign democracy.

Sonu Sood

This day reminds us of our duty towards the country. We should make our children understand its relevance and take pride in being Indian. I’d like to pray for peace and harmony for everyone.

Saina Nehwal

I am a very proud Indian. As a sportsperson I wish that every one of us who is in any field will dedicate to do one’s best so that we are recognised globally. For me, the day will probably take me to a few ceremonies where I can unfurl the national tricolour.

Pullela Gopichand

While in school, Republic Day used to be like a festival for us. Now, it is a patriotic day for me. This year, I am also participating in the national parade in Delhi, so it’s all the more special. Republic Day has never been just another holiday for me. I have always made it a point to watch the parade on TV. It’s a day to remember all that our heroes have done for us. I feel so very proud about their achievements. Even when we played tournaments outside India, on R-Day, we would always have a special celebration.

Source: The Bollywood Actress News


Tags: Bollywood Actress, Bollywood Actress News, Actress News, Indian Actress, Indian Actress News,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites